Terms & Conditions
Last updated: July, 15th 2022
Hey, if you are here it means that you are looking into ways to have a positive impact in our amazing World! Welcome to our community!
We believe that innovation sparks global transformation!
Quick intro on what we do, we get people moving and reward that movement with money for charity. People are our outstanding users, and the money for the donations to the various NPOs comes from the Corporate Social Responsibility Budget of our customers (companies)
Upndo is available as an application for mobile devices that allows you to convert your movement into support to your favorite causes and NPOs. These terms and conditions (T&Cs) apply to: the relationship between UPNDO DMCC (UPNDO) and all of you, our beloved users (Users); being any use of www.upndo.com (the Website), the mobile application (App) and any other service offered by UPNDO. UPNDO offers the App, including all information, tools and services available from the App, under the condition that the User accepts these Terms.
Let’s jump into the legal stuff, please read these Terms and Conditions (“Terms”, “Terms and Conditions”) carefully before using the http://www.upndo.com website or the UPNDO mobile application (the “Service”) operated by UPNDO DMCC (“us”, “we”, or “our”).
We are in the business of corporate wellness and social impact, this means that in no case we sell your data to third parties!
UPNDO follows the strictest interpretation of the GDPR guidelines and legislation.
Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the Service.
These Terms are subject to changes and updates. If a considerable change is made, we will notify you. After notification, if you continue to use the Service, the acceptance of changes will be implied, except to the extent prohibited by law.
3 clear goals:
- Drive healthy movement by rewarding healthy habits
- Create fun and healthy competition
- Increase awareness and visibility on the company’s Corporate Social Responsibility investment
UPNDO (“application”) is a product of UPENDO, INC., a company incorporated in City of Wilmington, County of New Castle, State of Delaware, United States of America.
APPLICATION: the UPNDO mobile app, available for free download in App Store (for iOS) and Google Play (for Android).
CUSTOMERS: Are the companies that subscribe to UPNDO and make it available to its employees (our USERS). Companies that truly care about their employees’ health (mental and physical) as well as want to have a positive impact in our global community.
USERS / UPNDERS (“you”): You, our raving fans! Individuals that use the app, as well as the website, to perform activities (track physical activities, donate, compete with friends for a position in the leaderboard).
NPOs: Non-Profit Organizations (or NGOs) that are the recipients of the funds allocated by users.
The NPOs are selected by the CUSTOMERS. This means that different users will see different NPOs.
ENERGY POINTS (“points”): The points you earn when doing physical activity (such as walking, running or cycling) with data being tracked by your Health app and transmitted to UPNDO. Points can be used by users to allocate money to their favorite NPOs.
UPNDO POINTS are not real money, neither are a virtual currency. They are not exchangeable for real currency. They are the power to allocate funds from our CUSTOMERS to an NPO.
DONATIONS: references to donations or donating money means the allocation of money provided by our CUSTOMERS to an NPO of USER’S choice. The donations are done directly by our CUSTOMERS to the NPOs
USER DATA: means data, including business, technical, health and Personal Data that is uploaded by Users into the APPLICATION. USER DATA includes information that results from the use of the APPLICATION or provisioning of the Subscription to Customers or Users.
Physical Activity Notice:
The APPLICATION may include features that promote physical activity. Consider the risks involved and consult with your medical professional before engaging in any physical activity. UPENDO, INC is not responsible or liable for any injuries or damages you may sustain that result from your use of, or inability to use, the features of the APPLICATION.
Data collection and usage:
Users hereby grant Upendo, Inc. a royalty-free, perpetual, sublicensable, worldwide license to display, perform, distribute, copy, store, make, modify (for technical purposes), reproduce, otherwise exploit User Data. This includes but is not limited to publishing User Data on the APPLICATION’s leaderboards and newsfeeds. Upendo, Inc. may also aggregate anonymized User Data and usage data to create aggregate performance metrics.
UPNDO does not sell User Data under any circumstances.
This is something we take really seriously!
How does the APPLICATION work?
The APPLICATION allows you to earn ENERGY Points, through your movement (physical movement), which is then converted via our UPNDO algorithm into money for you to donate to the NPOs present on our featured list.
You can earn ENERGY Points by just moving. Every user is presented with a daily target of 100 ENERGY POINTS. Depending on the CUSTOMER’S subscription terms, these target transform into the defined amount of a given currency, which can then be donated by the USER. By movement we consider any physical activity that can range from your daily movement around the house and office to going for a bike ride, a run or even a walk. As long as your local Health app (Apple Health Kit or Google Fit) is able to track that movement. We aim to capture and reward any physical movement that you do.
World Health Organization recommends at least 150 minutes of moderate-intensity physical activity or 75 minutes of vigorous-intensity physical activity throughout the week, which approximately corresponds to attaining the 100 ENERGY Points on a daily-basis.
Our customer engagement team works with companies (CUSTOMERS) that use the APPLICATION to motivate you, the USERS, to move more. This is the visible side of our Customers Social Responsibility footprint.
Why do they do this? Because we are seeing more and more companies giving back to society and they are not getting the deserved recognition.
In accordance with these TERMS, you as a USER can earn points by:
Ensuring that you have your Apple Health or Google Fit turned on and connected to the APPLICATION, you will be asked on the registration process for access to read data from your local Health app.
By doing so you will enable us to process that information and run it through our internal algorithm that converts Human Energy generated from movement into UPNDO Points.
Our promise to our USERS and CUSTOMERS is that every single dollar committed by CUSTOMERS will be donated to the USERS’ chosen NPOs. We operate on a “100% for Good” model. We will not take any percentage of the funds committed to donations; our overhead and our operational costs have a different source. We aim to bring back transparency to donations. We do not camouflage our revenues.
We are a for-profit company with a twist, we have a clear mission of creating the biggest movement of active kind people in the world, and we are passionate about it.
Connections to third-parties:
Our Service relies on connections to third-party websites or services that are not owned or fully controlled by UPENDO, INC.
UPENDO Inc. has no full-control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party web sites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that UPENDO Inc. shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such websites or services.
USER’s link to the application:
We grant you the revocable permission to register and link your local health app to the Application. However, we reserve the right to eliminate your account, and prohibit the linking of your local health app to the Application for any reason, in our sole and absolute discretion.
Application ownership and licenses:
We like our APPLICATION and want to protect it. This means that we are in control of the APPLICATION, including past, present and future versions.
- a) all graphics, layout, text, images, audio clips, sounds, pictures, videos, animation, designs, and all other materials related to the APPLICATION (except for material provided by NPOs and CUSTOMERS).
- b) our trademarks, logos, trade names, service marks, and trade identities.
- c) all other forms of intellectual property related to the Application. Unless we expressly allow you, you may not copy, reproduce, download or distribute the UPNDO-related materials (or any part of them) in any way. You agree to abide by any and all additional copyright notices, information or restrictions contained in any part of the APPLICATION.
Likewise, we like and want to protect our partner NPOs and their material which include:
- a) all graphics, layout, text, images, postcards, audio clips, sounds, pictures, videos, animation, designs and all other materials made available through the APPLICATION by a NPO (Charity).
- b) each NPO’s trademarks, logos, trade names, service marks and trade identities; and all other forms of each NPO’s intellectual property. Each NPO owns and controls its own material. Unless an NPO expressly allows, you may not copy, reproduce, download or distribute any NPO material (or any part of them) in any way. You agree to abide by any and all additional copyright notices, information or restrictions contained in any part of the APPLICATION with respect to each NPO.
We are serious about protecting our CUSTOMERS and their material which include:
- a) all graphics, layout, text, images, postcards, audio clips, sounds, pictures, videos, animation, designs and all other materials made available through the APPLICATION by a CUSTOMER.
- b) each CUSTOMER’s trademarks, logos, trade names, service marks and trade identities.
- c) all other forms of each CUSTOMER’s intellectual property. Each CUSTOMER owns and controls its own material. Unless a CUSTOMER expressly allows, you may not copy, reproduce, download or distribute any CUSTOMER material (or any part of them) in any way. You agree to abide by any and all additional copyright notices, information or restrictions contained in any part of the APPLICATION with respect to each CUSTOMER.
We want to protect the Application, so you agree that you will not:
- a) use any robot, spider, rover, scraper, or any other data mining technology or automatic or manual process to monitor, cache, frame, mask, extract data from, copy or distribute the Company’s material (except as may be a result of standard search engine or Internet browser usage).
- b) modify, frame, reproduce, archive, sell, lease, rent, exchange, create derivative works from, publish by hard copy or electronic means, publicly perform, display, disseminate, distribute, broadcast, retransmit, circulate to any third party or on any third-party’s website, or otherwise use the Company’s material in any way for any public or commercial purpose except as specifically permitted by these Terms.
You also agree that you will:
- a) keep intact all proprietary notices contained in the Company’s material
- b) not use the Company’s material in a manner that suggests an association with any of the NPOs or CUSTOMERS, services or brands (except as permitted by the Application)
- c) make no modifications to the Company’s material
- d) not allow or help anyone else (whether or not for your benefit) to:
- or reverse engineer, decompile, reverse assemble, modify or attempt to discover any source code that the Application creates to generate its web pages or any software or other products or processes accessible through the Application.
- e) not attempt to create fake activities or use any other methods to earn points that are not earned by moving or exercising in the usual manner
If you have any questions reach out on email@example.com
You made it to the end! Thank you for reading it all! 🙂
Now go for a nice walk and generate some more money for your favorite NPOs